Feb 18, 2020
What is modern family building? It’s creating your family in an
unconventional way - through adoption, egg or sperm donation,
embryo donation, surrogacy, or a combination of these. We live in a
time where if we can’t have a child the traditional way, we have
the option to decide how we want to complete our family. Let’s talk
through the ins and outs of modern family building, what it is and
how it works, and debunk some of the myths along the way.
Show notes: thefertilitycafe.com/episodes
In this episode:
- What is “normal” and who gets to decide your normal?
- Explore family building alternatives including egg or sperm
donation, embryo donation, and surrogacy, and who would need to
consider these methods of starting a family.
- Modern family building is going to become the norm, between
infertility rates rising at a substantial rate, the legalization of
same-sex marriage, and the increase in
- Debunk the stigmas and myths surrounding modern family
building, including whether or not surrogacy is ethical.
- It’s up to you how you decide to build your family. You are in
charge of your life and your journey to parenthood. Own it and make
the decisions that best fit YOU!